August 8, 2015

The Power of Print

I was recently reminded of the power a photographer has to affect people's legacies and it has reinforced the meaning of what I do as a photographer, and what we do here at Jenny Lee's Photography as we strive to create the best creative photography experience possible. Prints last hundreds of years and get re-discovered generations later.

Your Family's Legacy
Whenever I'm photographing for clients I try to remind myself that the photos are not only for the clients. Often times the portraits will have more meaning for the parents, the grandparents, the children, or the grandchildren that aren't even born yet. One of my favorite photographs is of my grandparents' wedding. There is just one black and white portrait, and it's them, frozen in a moment in time. It's a version of them, that I will never get to meet. It was before I was born. Photography gives us those slices of time, that allows our imagination to fill in the story. For me, it's even more powerful than video.

The portrait below is of my grandfather and grandmother on their wedding day.



As we watch our loved ones pull out albums and look through them, pointing out photographs that made history - their family history - we begin to understand in a much deeper way, the power of photography. And the power of a printed photo. The fact that we can reach out and physically touch something that represents people we love, frozen in time, makes all the difference.

My Family Memories
Every year, I print two family albums. One is just for our professional family portraits and the other one is filled with the normal, everyday events. I also print albums for each of my children on their birthdays. I absolutely love albums and so do my children. 

Create Albums, Create Fine Art Prints
Part of my duty as a photographer is to relay the importance of print. Our phones will die. Hard drives will die. The cloud will never be looked at. Books and prints will be picked up and looked at by generations to come. When I'm gone, our family albums and even this print of my grandparents will be looked at. 

Allow me to design an album and create fine art prints for you and your family. It may take some time and investment, but your family will cherish it forever. 



0 Add Comment:

Post a Comment

 
© Jenny Lee's Photography