April 23, 2014

Kallie shares her maternity and newborn session experience


Kallie and I first met back in the spring of 2012 when she came in for her first maternity session. She has completed 2 maternity and newborn portrait sessions with me and I feel so honored to have been her maternity and newborn photographer. I absolutely love building connections with those I work with and Kallie was no exception. Now she is going to share her experience with all of you! Images provided by Kallie.

Hello, my name is Kallie Edwards and I would like to share with you my experience with Jenny Lee's Photography. I have two sons, ages (almost) two and five months. I did both the maternity and newborn shots with both of them. 


Wyoming Newborn Nursery
Jase + Jett sweet nursery
 I had seen and admired Jenny's work before I was ever pregnant with my oldest son but I never really thought about getting these photos for our own children someday. In fact, the thought of children at that point seemed like an impossibility as we had suffered several loss of pregnancies. After we thought we had (and may have) experienced yet another loss, our first son was finally going to be born in June of 2012 and I knew these photos were a must! 

The newborn session was a no-brainer for me but I have to be honest, I was a little hesitant about the maternity shoot. Was it really that important? Should we just take our own photos of my "baby bump"and concentrate our investment on the newborn photos? I didn't mind the way I looked pregnant but what I was really excited for was MY baby in those amazing newborn shots that I had seen.


maternity wall art for your home


We did decide to do the maternity shoot and I am so glad we did. Not only do we have these amazing photographs of my first and long awaited viable pregnancy, but the experience in itself was unforgettable. It was so special to let Jenny photograph that time in my life and I will never forget the feeling of love and intimacy I shared with my husband. 


expecting mama shows off her pregnancy with beautiful framed wall art

Jenny Lee is amazing behind the camera and really makes you look and feel beautiful. Having these photos is wonderful in itself but looking at them puts me right back to that day and I can remember it like it was yesterday.
     
Our first son, Jase Ryan Edwards, was born on June 6th, 2012, and we had the pleasure of having Jenny photograph him when he was 11 days old. As a new mother I was a bit nervous to put my newborn in the hands of someone else but let me tell you, Jenny Lee has her way with babies! After peeking in and watching for a short time I got to sit and relax (for the first time in 11 days) while Jenny did our photos and I was 100% comfortable turning my son over to her! 
a family newborn session

The photos ended up being amazing, as I expected. The one that took our breath away the most was one of my husband holding him in a pose Jenny referred to as "Daddy's Hands". We ordered a large print and hung it above his crib, along with lots of the others around his nursery and our home.
     
Our second experience with maternity photos was even better. After forming a special bond with Jenny while working with her with our first son, the second time around was even more comfortable and fun for us. Our first son was having "one of those days" and Jenny still managed to get some great shots of him and his soon to be baby brother. I was amazed at how great they turned out, especially considering the kid I remember had a bright red and tear soaked face!
     
Mommy and daddy with their newborn boy

Our second son, Jett Nicholas Edwards, was born four weeks early on November 21st, 2013, and he was 12 days old for his newborn shoot. Once again she worked wonders with him and we ended up with several breath taking and adorable photos of him. 

We specifically asked for another "hands" photo of him and his daddy, to put above his crib as we did with our first son. We are so happy with the results. The boys share a room, so I did all Jase's photos in black frames and all Jett's photos in white. I love how both of their "hands" pictures look above their matching cribs.
     
In my experiences working with Jenny I learned that she is very understanding and easy to work with. She's great at answering any questions and I learned to just trust her because you WILL be happy with the results!


0 Add Comment:

Post a Comment

 
© Jenny Lee's Photography