October 21, 2015

Newborn Photography: Safety First!

Newborns! They are little miracles, bundles of joy, delicate, and precious little beings. I feel so honored to be someone's newborn photographer, but along with that honor I realize the great responsibility that comes along with it. I am not only a newborn photographer, but I am a trained and educated newborn photographer with the knowledge and skills to properly and safely pose babies in the cutest poses imaginable.



So as mom and dad hand over their fresh, new baby to me I'm confident that I can and will treat their baby just as if that baby was my own. I will use my training, knowledge, and skills to keep baby soothed, comforted, and most importantly SAFE! This proper training is EXTREMELY important and I just want to create some awareness that NOT all photographers that are calling themselves "newborn photographers" have had this proper training. It scares me to think that they are trying poses that are not safe without the understanding and education of how those poses are done properly and safely.




I constantly get asked, "How did you get baby to do that?" Well, many of the poses that my assistant and I do together are what you call composite images. Composite images are where two images are taken and combined in photoshop to make one image. These images take extra editing work and it is important for one to know that baby is not doing these poses without assistance.



It's also important to understand that all babies are different, just as each adult or child is different and each deserves respect. Some like to be cuddled up and some like to be sprawled out. Some like their hands by their face, while others don't. As my assistant and I work together to pose baby we go with what may seem more natural to baby. We want to respect baby and how they are feeling. You may find us talking to baby and trying to get to know your little ones cues so that we can read the cries and little noises your little one makes. So if a particular pose we are going for doesn't work for baby, we change it to make it right for that baby.

In my studio safety is first!





0 Add Comment:

Post a Comment

 
© Jenny Lee's Photography